A simple baked boneless ham with a honey, orange, and bourbon glaze. It’s sweet, citrusy, and perfect for holidays, parties, or celebration meals.
- 3 pound Hatfield Dinner Ham, netting removed
Honey bourbon glaze
- 1 orange, juice squeezed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally, until sugar is melted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Score the ham in a diagonal crosshatch pattern. Starting from one end close to the bottom, cut about 1/2 inch into the ham in a diagonal straight line across the ham. Repeat making lines 1″ apart on the entire ham. Rotate the ham and repeat diagonally from one side to the other.
- Place the ham in a large oven-safe dish or high rimmed metal pan. Fill with 1/2 inch of water and pour 1/4 cup of glaze over the ham. Cover ham/pan with foil, sealing the ham in entirely.
- Bake for 45 minutes, basting with the glaze at the 20-minute mark. After 45 minutes remove from the oven, baste with glaze, and return uncovered to the oven for 15-20 additional minutes, or until ham reaches internal temp of 140 °F. Baste again in the last 5 minutes.
- Remove ham from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes tented with foil before serving. Baste just before slicing and serving.
Keywords: honey bourbon ham, baked ham recipe