Marinated chicken thighs in a honey sriracha marinade made with honey, olive oil, sriracha, soy sauce, and fresh lime juice. It’s a sweet, tangy, and subtly spicy marinade that everyone will love.
- 6–8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish/serving
Honey sriracha marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (see note)
- 1 lime, juice squeezed
- Whisk the marinade together in a bowl (Measure oil out first in measuring cup and then the honey. This allows the honey to easily slide out of the greased measuring cup).
- Pour marinade over chicken in a large Ziploc bag or covered container. Seal and marinate overnight or for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill to medium heat for 10 minutes with the cover down. Clean the grates well before grilling.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temp reaches 165 °F. Serve immediately garnished with chopped cilantro and with lime wedges.
Chicken thighs are usually packaged folded into a compact circular form. To ensure even cooking, unfold the chicken thighs when grilling so all the meat is touching the heat source.
A note a heat. The recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of sriracha. That may sound like a lot to some, however, the spice is greatly balanced by the honey and oil. A good rule of thumb, sugar always cuts spice. Add more sriracha if cooking for heat lovers.
My suggestion would be to make extra honey sriracha marinade to baste on the chicken just before serving. This will give your chicken a beautiful sheen and extra flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 15.8g
- Sodium: 506mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 59.1g
- Cholesterol: 253mg
Keywords: honey sriracha chicken