This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product I recommend.
This sausage quiche is a meaty and flavorful new breakfast favorite of ours. It’s your basic egg quiche filled with chopped breakfast sausage, sauteed spinach, and shredded mozzarella cheese. An eggcellent (I’m so sorry) start to any brunch party.
Quiche is a tender baked egg custard/pie made with eggs and milk. You can use whole milk or a combo of equal parts whole milk/cream or half and half to adjust the overall texture.
The addition of cream will render creamier denser quiche. I wouldn’t recommend 2% or skim milk by itself. It will work, but good quiche should be creamier than an omelet’s texture for example. My ideal ratio is 50/50 cream and whole milk.
What to Put In Quiche
Although this is a sausage, spinach, and mozzarella quiche, you can use this recipe to fill your quiche with just about anything you’d like:
- Cooked diced ham
- Chopped crispy bacon.
- Cheddar cheese
- Swiss cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Monterey or Colby Jack cheese
- Sauteed spinach
- Caramelized onions (sliced onions sauteed with butter until tender and golden)
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Chopped green or yellow onions
My only word of advice would be to not overfill the quiche with too much filling so it cooks properly and has the right consistency. 2 cups max of meat/veggie filling minus the cheese is what to shoot for. Cooked veggies work much better as they’re more tender!
How to Make Quiche
Quiche is really easy to make. Place well-whisked cream and egg mixture with your choice of cooked veggies and cheese in a premade 9-inch pie crust in a skillet or pie dish. Bake until center is set and the top is slightly golden. It’s creamy, super filling, and really delicious.
How to Make Crustless Quiche
Quiche can be made without the pie crust as well. Consider it a carb friendly spin on classic quiche. To make this recipe a crustless quiche, simply follow the exact same steps, process, and bake time, omitting the pie crust.
Can I Make This in a Pie Plate Instead?
Yes, you can follow this recipe exactly as is and use a pie plate in place of a skillet.
You’ll Also LovePrint
Sausage Quiche Recipe
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: French
A basic quiche recipe filled with breakfast sausage, sauteed spinach, and mozzarella cheese. A delicious egg-based brunch dish everyone will get behind.
- 1 refrigerated 9-inch pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (or 50–50 whole milk and cream or half and half)
- 2–3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cups shredded mozarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup cooked breakfast sausage links, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove pie crust from the fridge and bring to room temp.
- In a medium skillet or pan, cook sausage links until browned and fully cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into small slices. Add spinach to the same skillet and saute until tender, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Combine eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk well. Add milk/cream and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- In a pie dish or COOLED 9 inch skillet (let fully cool if using the same skillet or pie crust will melt), lay out the pie crust and crimp the edges using your thumb and index finger. Fill with layer of sausage, spinach, and half of the cheese. Pour in egg mixture and sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the entire quiche.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and quiche is turning slightly golden on the surface.
You can use cubed ham or chopped bacon in place of sausage (or do a combo). Use whichever cheese you like best, it does not have to be mozzarella cheese.
This recipe can be made in a 9 inch skillet or standard pie crust.
Quiche can be made without the pie crust as well. To make this recipe a crustless quiche, simply follow the exact same steps, process, and bake time, omitting the pie crust.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 14.3g
- Sodium: 767mg
- Fat: 36.2g
- Saturated Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
Keywords: sausage quiche, simple quiche recipe, brunch recipes, crustless quiche
Leave a Comment