Simple and delicious roasted fingerling potatoes, oven-fried in duck fat with parmesan and herbs.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3–4 tablespoons duck fat (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes and 3 tablespoons of duck fat. Toss until potatoes are fully coated. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of duck fat to a large, rimmed baking sheet and spread as best you can. Add more fat if needed however a rough thin layer is fine. Arrange potatoes with the cut side facing down on the baking sheet (this is critical for the golden crust!). Do not overcrowd.
- Roast potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until the cut side is golden and nicely crisped. The potatoes should easily release with a metal spatula if ready. If they’re stuck, roast them a little longer.
- Flip potatoes and roast for an additional 20 minutes (note, the cut side with continue to brown once flipped). Potatoes should be crispy golden and very tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and sprinkle all over with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Toss potatoes on the baking sheet and repeat. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
If you don’t want to use duck fat you can substitute with olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 307mg
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: roasted fingerling potatoes, fingerling potatoes, duck fat potatoes