Honey buffalo wings are equal parts sweet and spicy. Roasted in the oven until crispy and tossed in a sticky homemade honey buffalo glaze.
- 24 assorted chicken wings and drumettes
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey buffalo sauce
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper and bake for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F. Wings are best cooked up to 190-200°F to allow the skin ample time for crisping.
- In the last 10 minutes, combine all honey buffalo sauce ingredients in a blender and pulse until fully incorporated. Can also be whisked together until fully mixed.
- In a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat, bring the sauce to a low simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the fully cooked wings to the skillet in batches to coat in the honey buffalo sauce, flipping until fully coated. Serve immediately. Wings can also be tossed in a large bowl with the sauce for easy coating.
While chicken wings should be cooked to at least 165°F internally to be considered safe for consumption, You can cook it up to 190-200°F and it will still be juicy and tender thanks to the fat content of dark meat.
- Serving Size: 4 wings
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 31.2g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
Keywords: buffalo wings, honey buffalo wings, how to bake wings