A fall-inspired Manhattan cocktail recipe made with bourbon, maple syrup, black walnut bitters, and orange peel.
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounces sweet vermouth
- 1/4 ounce maple syrup (1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 dashes black walnut bitters
- Flamed orange peel
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a mixing glass with plenty of ice.
- Stir vigorously and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Use a peeler or paring knife to shave off a thin strip of orange peel. Gently express the oils from the orange peel over the cocktail through a lit match or flame. Rub the rim of the glass with the peel and drop it into the cocktail if desired.
When measuring out ingredients, please ensure to use an actual measuring spoon. A “regular” spoon may yield overly sweet results.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg