Sea scallops pan-seared in a cast iron skillet with a lemon and herb butter sauce.
- 8 large sea scallops, side muscle removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon, squeezed
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper all over. Mince the parsley and garlic and set aside. Add the olive oil to a 12-inch cast iron skillet and bring to medium-high heat.
- Once skillet is hot, add the scallops to the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown on the top.
- Remove scallops from the skillet and set them aside. Remove the skillet from heat and add the butter, garlic, lemon, and fresh parsley to the skillet, stirring occasionally until fully melted.
- Return the scallops to the skillet on low heat and cook for an additional minute per side. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with extra lemon butter sauce as desired. Sprinkle with a pinch of leftover fresh herbs and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4 scallops
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20.9g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: pan-seared scallops, how to cook scallops