A simple and incredibly delicious buffalo chicken calzone made with crispy chicken, mozzarella cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- 16–20 ounces pizza dough
- 6–7 fully cooked crispy chicken tenders, sliced (I like Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- flour for dough
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. If using frozen chicken tenders, cook them ahead of time according to the directions on the package. Slice into smaller bite-sized peices and set aside.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle, like you would pizza crust.
- Choose one half, and spread buffalo sauce over the dough, leaving a one inch border around the edge. Top the same half with chicken, red onion, and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling to the opposite edge, forming a half moon shape. Pinch the ends together to seal.
- Place calzone on a greased baking sheet and baste the entire top with melted butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top of the calzone is slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5-7 minutes, and slice into strips for serving. Serve with blue cheese.
Keywords: buffalo chicken calzone, gameday appetizers