- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 1 8 ounce chicken breast cut into bite-sized chunks (fully cooked)
- 6–7 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella (8-ounce ball)
- 3–4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flour (for crust)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Caramelize the onions: Add the onion slices and butter to a saucepan on low heat. Cook until onions are tender and golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces. Cook with a little oil on medium heat in the same saucepan used for the onions. Cook until golden and fully cooked through, remove from the heat, and toss with some BBQ sauce until lightly coated. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch crust. Sprinkle evenly with a little salt.
- Place a small handful of flour onto the pizza peel and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel. Make sure the dough is well floured and doesn’t feel ‘sticky’ to the touch.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel. Evenly coat the top with BBQ sauce, leaving a 1-inch crust. Add the chicken, onions, bacon, and fresh mozzarella in that order. Finish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Slide the finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook. Remove from the oven, let cool, and serve.
If you don’t have the time or patience to caramelize the onions, sautee them for 10-15 minutes until golden and tender. They will still be delicious and less intense.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 1016
- Sugar: 20.2
- Sodium: 2248mg
- Fat: 24.5g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 120.2g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 52.7g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
Keywords: bbq chicken pizza, bacon pizza